Adding a tracking code to your Shopify store is a little different than WordPress or most other content management systems. Here is a step-by-step guide:
- Log in to your Shopify Administration Dashboard.
- Click “Online Store”, then click “Themes”.
- In the top-right corner, next to your current theme, click the “Actions” button.
- Click “Edit Code”.
- Under ‘Layout’, click theme.liquid to open your template file.
- Scroll to the bottom of the document – just before the closing body tag (</body>).
- Copy and paste the tracking code above the closing body tag.
- Click ‘Save’.